A Short Reflex Movie (No comments)
Today we're releasing version 46. This version adds the training game mode.
Training allows you to practise your movement, aiming & dodging and compete against your friends. We've added turrets which shoot at you (which can be disabled by shooting them). We've got targets which can move around the world and explode in to pieces. We've added tokens to collect and finally leaderboards at the end of the mission where you can test your time vs your friends.
All these building blocks are fully available in our map editor, and we're very much looking forward to see people use them in their workshop maps!
This build also includes many experimental update including the return of the much requested stake launcher. It's had all it's previous bugs ironed out and we're eager to see people use it. We've also updated experimental to more closely match the competitive ruleset (as that's generally the players who use it), and we've also tweaked the knockback to deliver a more consistent experience.
On top of this we've done an art pass on the rocket launcher and shotgun. We also snuck in a couple extra melee's and robot pieces :) The highly anticipated supporter crowbar will make an appearance too!
Finally I got to add a friends list to the home screen which I've been itching to get to for some time, it is very useful! :)
- Weapon: rocket launcher art pass
- Weapon: shotgun art pass
- New melee: sickle
- New melee: khopesh
- New melee: supporter crowbar
- New piece: droid head & droid head angry
- New piece: spark head
- New piece: gear head
- Added sphinx head mesh - Promeus request
- Revised robot glow colours
- Added meshes: gothic books - MAD_JIHAD request
- Updated falling icon - MAD_JIHAD request
- No ammo warning added to LowAmmo widget
- Timer widget now has flag to count up/down
- WeaponRack Widget now has toggle vertical option (on = default, off = horizontal)
- Added showPassword option to Connect dialog
- Added friends list, steam friends added rich presence
- Node selection combo in MatchPicker for LOCAL maps (i.e. not steam maps) now works
- Map editor toolbar now shows lighting button & progress
- Map editor toolbar updated to new widgets
- Exposed weaponIndexChangingTo to lua
- Added ability to give a textRegion focus from lua
- Melee attack is now server authored
- Fixed bug where -mouse5 wasn't triggered properly with cl_input_subframe 1
- Workshop publish button no-longer crashes when not connected to steam
- Removed timers from experimental, removed powerup drop from experimentaltdm -- idea is experimental is made for competitive players.
- Changed splash fall-off to be linear & lowered the minimum splash damage greatly. Essentially now splash radiuses will be larger but should do similar knockback to before.
- When applying splash damage in air it always obeys splash direction (rather than rocket direction). i.e. it'll knock you away from point of impact
- Added experimental_stake ruleset
- Burst gun reload changed from 650 to 750
- Burst gun projectile speed changed from 3000 to 3500
- Grenade trace radius changed from 2 to 1
- Grenade explosion radius changed from 128 to 150
- Rocket trace radius changed from 0 to 1
- Rocket explosion radius changed from 112 to 120
- Ioncannon ground knockback multiplier changed from 1.8 to 1.25
- Ioncannon air knockback multiplier changed from 1.3 to 1.7
- Ioncannon beam radius changed from 1 to 0.5
- Ioncannon beam damage is 6
- Bolt Rifle lowammo warning changed from 5 to 3
- Bolt Rifle maxammo changed from 20 to 10
- Bolt Rifle weapon included ammo changed from 10 now 5
- Bolt Rifle ammo pickup changed from 5 to 3
- TDM weapon respawn time 20 seconds (we're looking to separate 2v2 & 4v4 tdm modes in the future)
- Ioncannon now has idle sound
- Bolt Rifle now has idle sound
Map editor training entities:
- Pickup Training Token - new pickup type
- EntityTriggerVolume - output "links" when player enter/exits region
- EntityMessage - input "links" to show/hide or display message for 3 seconds
- EntityGoal - input "link" which flags a goal that needs to be done to complete training
- EntityAccumulator - input "link" which counts, output "link" which fires when count reached
- EntityTurret - self explanitory I hope :)
- EntityShootable - self explanitory I hope :)
- EntityExit - input "link" which indicates training has ended
For an example of the training entities, please check out the training maps !
edit: pro tips:
to get use stake gun do a "callvote ruleset experimental_stake"
to bind the weapon to a key to "bind R weapon 9"
When: 28 August 2016, 10:00 CDT
MapPool: Sinister, Cure, FuriousHeights, Battleforged, Toxicity, Bloodrun and Silence
Mapchoice - BO3 groups (+ + - - - - +), BO5 playoff (+ + - - + + +), BO7 FINAL (cointoss loser pick first map, map loser pick next)
Rules 2 groups with 4 players, 2 pass to playoff, no 3rd place playoff match
Groups will be announced a bit later
sSak 3 - 1 sharp
sea 3 - 2 hero
- Double elimination
- Best of three upper bracket
- Best of one lower bracket
- All players must log into the DuelNoobs Discord channel before the tournament commences and remain until all your games are completed.
- Players must have a rating lower than 2000 on qlstats.net.
- DNF will be providing servers hosted in Europe, the password will be announced in the Discord channel before the tournament starts. If you set up a password protected server to play on, you must announce the password in the channel before your game starts.
, , , , .
Bo1: drop, drop, drop, drop.
Bo3: pick, pick drop, drop.
NIXON, LOVEME, COOKE, BJUZIK, ARBE, MWAAA, VITYA, TCR, TOLIVE, ZORUG, EL1K, NICER, OTPIZJUNAXUY, KOTE, OM3N, NITRINO
Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Sony Vegas Pro
When: 21 August 2016, 10:00 CDT
MapPool: Sinister, Cure, FuriousHeights, Battleforged, Toxicity, Bloodrun and Silence
Mapchoice - drop first. Cointoss loser starts drop.
PrizePool: 2500RUB+500RUB and season points for top-8
Rules:Full Double Elimination, Winner Bracket: BO1 till the semifinal, BO3 WB semi, WB final and Grandfinal (two BO3 if it will be needed); Low Bracket: BO1 all matches (including LB final).
The prize pool for this series totals $1570.
, , , , , ,
Group stage BO3.
For BO3: pick pick, drop drop, drop drop pick.
For BO5: pick pick, pick pick, drop drop pick.
For BO7: Map selection is Coin toss winner pick 1st map (loser of map1 picks map2, loser of 2 picks 3 etc).
All games in final stage including semi and quarters are BO5, only the grand final is BO7.
Participants are expected to play at their full capacity at all times. Deliberately losing will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification.
All participants are expected to conduct themselves appropriately at all times. Abusive language, excessive swearing, and other forms of disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Admins may remove any player for violation of this rule at their own discretion.
Each player may call up to two (2) timeouts per map for technical reasons. Players are not allowed to call any timeouts for tactical reasons; doing so may result in a map loss.
Players must join the #gametribecups IRC channel during their group stage or finals stage.
Anyone who is not able to play their game on the date they are needed to play or simply do not show, then that player or players will forfeit their game..
Gametype: TDM 2v2 Classic
Format: DE WB Bo3/LB Bo1 - Final: Bo5
Admin(s): doz3r / xou
- Double jump; delayed lateral second jump for further distance, quick second jump for better height.
- Dashy thing. [I saw someone in discord say dash costs UPS, but James didn't say that in this stream]
- D-jump & dash intended to make combat (as opposed to map traversal) more interesting.
- Air-movement is not as aggressive as CPM (they think it would harm game modes they're planning to be that fluid in air)
COMMUNITY FUCKIN' HUBS
- Ogrimmar for Diabotical. Alternative to sitting at a menu. A place to just hang out and socialize / be in queue. Non combat.
(Hopefully) dedicated official servers with official hubs
- Feature in-game streams of Twitch (chat included); set to Swedish streams on the official Sweden server, admins of custom servers set it, etc.
- Make&host-your-own hub.
- Building a racetrack was mentioned, so you can defrag while you queue.
- [Presumably in custom hubs] Your clan/community members are represented like figures on a shelf. When you spawn in, you spawn at your spot on the shelf, right into the model that was previously a representation of you. Placard with mouse-over-for-stats got mentioned, but was a "maybe/hopefully" kind of mention.
- Wall-O-Leader-Boards! Top players in the region, currently active games, join / spectate them right from the hub.
- Co-op survival: DOOM-like monster ai, "imp go here, imp shoot this type of target, marine go there, shoot this objective or this target if no objective" kinda stuff. Wave/persistent/blahblah didn't sound like this was super finalized.
- Couple models designed for modders: the chaingun (which will also be used in co-op survival, should that goal be met) & a trash bot (cylindrical bot for modders who desire cylinder hitboxes). Talk of adding more models for modders, as well as more weapons to current core-four (magma/lightning-gun, shotty, rocket launcher, rail)
- Ranked collect-coin challenge race things (solo). Designed to help teach / acclimate players to movement. S-tier style ranking. Also mentioned: Aim challenges (but no further details).